Is your hairline creeping back?

Sometimes it’s in the genes and then you have to simply accept natures course of events however there are cases when stress, lack of absorption and poor diet can and do contribute to a receding hairline and a thinning barnet in both men and women.

Here are a few things you can be your own detective about when it comes to saving thinning hairline.

Gut Health: They say you are what you eat but more importantly you are what you dint absorb! The gut is a very complex place where many chemical reactions take place as well as the essential processes of, digestion, absorption, assimilation and elimination.If you feel still tired after eating if you don’t feel hungry upon waking or generally have a low appetite if you take supplements and notice no difference and if you struggle with achieving clear skin, strong nails and luscious locks then you may also have sub-optimal absorption capabilities.

Enter Collagen! We have a created a collagen peptide for you to make sure you are always repairing and restoring your gut lining, creating an environment as rosey as a rose garden.

What is Collagen?

Here are some key points about collagen.

  • Collagen mainly occurs in the skin, the bones and the connective tissues.
  • Collagen production declines with age and exposer to UV light and if you smoke.
  • Cosmetic products claiming to increase collagen production levels should be investigated as generally collagen molecules are too large to be absorbed through the skin which is why supplementation is key.
  • Collagen is a very strong and some fibres are stronger than steel.

As we age we lose the ability to keep elastic supply skin because of the decline of elastin and collagen. The structural integrity of the skin declines and joint cartilage can weaken. So it important to supplements or take in foods that boost collagen production.

What is Biotin?

Biotin is part of one of the B Complex vitamins essential for converting food into energy. Biotin comes from the Greek word Biotos which means sustenance. Biotin is the key to keep your hair, eyes, skin, liver and nervous system healthy and functional.

Most people get the biotin they need from eating a healthy diet, but there have been many claims that getting more biotin can regulate your blood sugar, promote healthy hair, skin, and nails, and help pregnant Mum’s have healthier babies. How much biotin is enough, where can you get it, and what can it really do for you?

So how does biotin help my hair growth? Well, it’s because biotin improves the body’s keratin infrastructure. The evidence in using biotin along with collagen is better together than either one alone.

In a clinical study in 2015 by Glynis Ablon women with thinning hair were given a supplement of marine collagen with biotin for 90 days and in conclusion

For example, in one 2015 study, women with thinning hair were given the women found a considerable amount of hair growth and experienced less shedding

How else can I optimise my hair and health?

Absorption: Absorption happens in the small intestines. This is where the food you have chewed, grosses over into the bloodstream for energy. 90% of absorption happens in the small intestines the other 10% happens in the stomach and the colon. The small intestines main aim is the absorption of minerals and vitamins from the food and liquid you ingest.

Digestion comes in two parts. The first is the part where you chew! There’s a reason you have so many teeth it’s so that you can mechanically break down the food into smaller parts for the small intestine to absorb and utilise. The second part is the chemical bit where enzymes and bile are folded into the mix for a substance that can be efficiently absorbed and assimilated into tissues. The majority of chemical digestion happens here in the small intestines.

Optimal Diet: The single biggest thing you can do for your health is to eat a seasonal, local and organic diet. To make and prepare the majority of your food with your own hands and to have grown the food yourself in your garden/ allotment etc. This may sound very Tom and Barbara from the Good Life but its always good to have an aim.

Learn the seasons of fruits, vegetables, meats and fish: Head to the seasonal chart in The Best Possible You, page 27 for your guide to eating seasonally.
Makes sure you have all your macronutrients on your plate: Proteins, Carbohydrates and Fats.

Would you like to beat your symptoms and become the best possible version of yourself? Why not book in a free 15 minute consultation with me.

More from our blog