Bacon, blueberries and maple syrup!
I said it..bacon! What? Bacon? It’s on the banned list, isn’t it? Well not in my book! Nutella should be on the banned list too but it’s not! I rest my case.
Bacon, if organic and local is a great source of protein and when drizzled with maple syrup and blueberries it’s just incredible. Ummm! ?
So I know blueberries are not in season and the best maple syrup is from Canada but it’s a day that happens once a year so let’s not get our knickers in a twist!
You could stew apples with cinnamon or pears with pomegranate syrup and sprinkle pistachios but somehow I don’t think you will.
So give this recipe a go:
In a large bowl mix together:
- One cup of milk – your choice – make sure it’s organic
- 2 eggs, again organic
- 2 dessert spoons of coconut oil
- 3/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 ground flax seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- I tsp cinnamon
If the mixture needs more liquid then just add appropriately so it’s a thick runny consistency.
Whisk the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients in a blender and slowly pour out onto a hot pan with coconut oil. Flip away and top with the following…
Pimp your protein pancake with the following supplements:
- Turmeric: Beat that inflammation down with a tsp of turmeric in the mix
- Balance those moods with Mrs Maca powder: don’t overdo it, a pinch is enough
- Cinnamon: a tsp of this in the mix will cut your sugar cravings for the evil Nutella
- Raw honey: drizzle this on top for a dose of goodness!
- Berries: A pool of polyphenols the food for your good bacteria making your gut a happy place!
- Protein powder: Protein has been proven to create saiety in the morning! Pancakes, therefore, are a perfect problem solver!
I’d love to hear what topping you had on your pancakes this Pancake Day? Comment below!