Not sure what to make with leftover pumpkin after you’ve carved them for Halloween, this year? Garlic and pumpkin ? soup made with beef ?bone broth from @boroughbrothcompany is absolutely amazing ? and all I use is salt and pepper to season!
Garlic and Pumpkin Soup Recipe
What you will need:
- 1 x Pumpkin
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Bone broth (Recipe coming soon!)
What to do:
- Take a pumpkin and cut in half
- Scour out two half’s of a pumpkin with a spoon, being careful not to pierce or tear the skin of the pumpkin.
- Take the meat of pumpkin and simmer in a large pan with a shallow amount of water. Make sure the water does not cover the pumpkin meat.
- This will take roughly about 10- 15 minutes but do keep checking until the meat is soft.
- Crush 3 cloves of garlic and add to the pan.
- Then add 500 ml of bone broth to the pan this can be home made – I recommend to use broth from @boroughbonebrothcompany broth site
- Then pour the pumpkin garlic and broth into a blender and lightly blend.
- Then pour equally into the pumpkins half
- Drizzle some olive oil over the soup
- Crack some black pepper
- Slice a roasted beetroot
- Serve and enjoy!
For the Beetroot:
- Wash the beetroots from mud and top and tail
- Place in the oven on a temperature of 190 for 40 mins until tender
- Once cooled peel the beetroot and slice for the soup as a garnish.