Simple and easily digestible! Wild garlic pesto with potato gnocchi – a simple quick and cheap way to eat.
Wild Garlic Pesto with Potato Gnocchi
What you will need:
- 1kg of Maris Piper Potatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- 100g Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a lime
- 100g Pinenuts
Jump into the field and where there is protected shade pick the happiest looking wild garlic. You need 100gms to make about 4 of these pots! If you are foraging then you may as well make enough for your friends or neighbours!
What to do:
- Cool, drain, skin and mash 1 kg of floury potatoes like Maris Piper.
- Mix in the flour and seasoning and knead.
- Make 4 equal parts and roll each sausage 2 cm think or roll into balls.
- Gnocchi is just as good with butter and salt and pepper but the wild pesto garlic wins the day!
For the Pesto:
- Grate 100gms of Parmesan
- Grate the zest of half a lime
- Toast lightly me 100g of pinenuts/pignuts season with sea salt a pinch and a pinch of black pepper
- 150-175 mils of the finest olive oil
- Blitz all together in a blender and decant into glass Kilner jar pots
A wonderful topping for homemade gnocchi or home-made pasta or just spoon – neat!
Give it a go it’s so easy!